Thursday, July 16, 2009

Harry Potter + the Musical!

One more post for today before I go to bed.

Tonight I saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.
I really enjoyed it, although they did cut out most of the story of the Half Blood Prince, which might make it a little bit difficult to link up with the seventh movie, but I'm sure they will find a way. The general idea of the book was shown, with the start of Harry's 'quest', it was nicely set up. The movie was much less darker then that of the Order of the Phoenix, there were some nice lighthearted scenes with Ron(Chocolates) and Harry(Spider). There was some nice D&M moments with Harry and Hermione. The romance between Ginny and Harry seemed a little forced and although it is all well and good to have the same actress play Ginny, someone maybe a shorter then Harry might have been better.
Overall I think is one of the better Potter films and a 8.5/10.

----------------------------------------------

A VERY POTTER MUSICAL

This is one of the best things i have seen all year it is a musical written by students of UMich loosely based on most of the Harry Potter books. I loved every second of this, the acting is awesome as is the singing, but the songs are hilarious! My favourite character is Draco, and although deep down it pains me to say this, Voldermort is FINE! It is Camp-tastic!

Act 1, Scene 1

No comments: